RENTAL POLICIES for all NATURE’S PROPERTIES
About These Policies
Please rest assured that the following rules we ask you to agree on are not due to arbitrary reasons. They are due to either insurance rules and qualifications, county regulations or from past experience.
The maximum occupancy of each property is strictly limited. Standard Guest Rates allow for the number of people indicated to reside in the property for the rental period. For Any additional people:
• Extra guests must first be approved by Nature’s Properties.
• Additional charges per person may be applied prior to their arrival.
• Once the rental period begins, additional people are not allowed on premises without prior approval, and is the sole responsibility of Guest.
• As noted, people other than those in the registered guest party may not stay overnight in the property unless previously approved by Nature’s Properties. If additional Guests are discovered, a fee will be charged for every additional occupant, or deducted from the Security Deposit prior to refund.
• Guests can not and shall not sublet the property.
Nature’s Nook/Nature’s Niche: These are couples only cottages due to limited space.. infants 12 mo. or younger upon approval only.
Nature’s Haven/Nature’s Retreat/Nature’s River/Nature’s Paradise: These are child-friendly properties, based upon pre-approval. These properties are semi child-proofed and all efforts are made to provide a safe and hazard free home. Hoever, It is the guest’s responsibility to monitor the activities of all minor children in their care or otherwise allowed into the home or onto the Property and premises.
Animals and Pets
Nature’s Nook/Nature’s Haven/Nature’s River: No animals or pets of any kind are allowed on the premises. These homes are intended to be an allergen-free environment. Therefore this includes animals of all kinds, except for legally mandated service animals.
Nature’s Retreat/Nature’s Niche/Nature’s Paradise: These homes do allowed for dogs, based upon prior approval of breed and size. Additional fees will apply.
Check In time, Length of stay
• The Rental period begins at 4 pm on the Check-in date.
• The Rental period ends at 11am on the Check-Out date.
Exceptions or extensions must be approved in advance. Call or e-mail Nature’s Properties at least one day prior to your arrival to confirm your arrival time or to arrange an earlier time.
• Minimum Stay: Each property’s minimum stay is indicated in its listing. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods.
• Guests will comply with Check-Out Guidelines posted in house.
• Guests shall vacate the premises at the date and expiration time stated in this agreement.
Fees, Payments, Rental Rates, Check-out, Refunds, Cancellation, and Contract Violation
• Cleaning Fee: Guests are charged a cleaning fee for the total visit.
• Reservation Deposit: To secure your reservation, a Deposit must be paid in advance.
• Tax: The County requires collection and payment of an 11% (eleven percent) occupancy tax on all bookings.
• Security Deposit: A refundable security deposit must be paid prior to Check In. The Security Deposit is refunded within 7 days of check-out if Property is completely left in its original condition, and provided no deductions are made due to damage to the property or furnishings, dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning, or any other cost incurred by Nature’s Properties due to Guest’s stay.
• Payments: All payments are processed online with credit card unless other arraignments have been made. All funds must be received 7 days prior to your reservation date.
• Other Fees and Fines: Guest shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear. Guest shall pay for any excessive cleaning due to abnormal use. Guests shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition. Nature’s Properties will deduct above fees and fines from the security deposit prior to refund, and may charge Guest’s credit card for costs above that amount.
Cancellations and Refunds
If Guest wishes to cancel a reservation, the rental rates will be refunded as follows:
100% if cancelled 30 days or more prior to the Check-in Date
50% if cancelled 8 – 29 days prior to the Check-in Date
0% if cancelled less than 7 days prior to the Check-in Date
(This does not include Security deposit or cleaning fees, which will be refunded in full.) Partial refund may apply if home is able to be re-rented.
Security deposit refunds are returned via credit card used within one week of check-out. There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to Guest’s work and family emergencies or other commitments.
We occasionally experience power or WiFi outages and other shortages beyond our control. We report outages as each occurs. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages. All Refunds are subject to transaction fees from credit card or other financial agencies, and we are not responsible for covering these transaction costs.
Provisions and Accommodations
• A Nature’s Properties representative is available by phone for any questions or concerns you may have during the hours of 8am-9pm unless there is an emergency. Please call, not text, for any after hour emergencies. Phone number will be provided once reservation is confirmed.
• Property comes complete with most everything you need. Nature’s Properties provides reusable towels, pillows, blankets, sheets; kitchen utensils, plates, cooking wear; and other common items. One-time use goods such as toilet paper, soap, dish detergent, laundry soap, and shampoos are also provided.
• There is no daily housekeeping service. Linens and bath towels are included, but daily maid service and fresh linens are not provided in the rental rate. Please do not take bath towels or linens outside the home.
Rules, Regulations, and Limitations
• Smoking: All homes are 100% Smoke Free. Smoking is prohibited, as is the use of any other tobacco products (cigars, chew, etc.), smoking products or devices. No exceptions. Violation will cause a $200 credit card charge.
• Parking is limited to guest vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
• Trash: Guest is cautioned not to leave trash outside because it attracts animals. Please deposit all trash in trash bins provided (located in Garage)
• Fires: Do NOT have any outdoor fires from June 1st to Late September (or first heavy rains) . Not even the smallest “campfire.” The surrounding area is very dry and fire danger is at an all-time High.
• Firearms: Guns and all firearms are expressly not permitted at or in the Property.
• Fireworks: Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
• Abide by all Laws: Guest shall use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. Guest shall use the property for legal purposes only. Other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc. ; shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
• WiFi: Guests are provided with Internet access through password-restricted WiFi. Do not provide password to non-guests. Do not download illegal content. Do not use Bit Torrent clients or any peer-to-peer networking tools. If Bit Torrent is installed on any of your internet-enabled devices, please delete the program before entering WiFi password or DO NOT USE this device. Bit Torrent is primarily used for illegally downloaded programs and will create an instant piracy violation and therefore a 100% loss of your security deposit. Guests are responsible for violations of copyright of other access/downloading of off-limits material on the Internet.
• Good Neighbors: Guests shall be good neighbors, behave in a civilized manner, and shall respect the rights of the surrounding properties. Quiet hour starts at 10 PM. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and guests will be asked to vacate the premises without legal action.
• Security: Guests must close and lock all doors when away from the property for any amount of time.
• Cleanliness: Guests shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition except for average use of premises. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
• Only use appliances for their intended uses.
• Do not cook fish or otherwise very spicy or pungent food indoors — nothing that the next tenant would notice! (Outdoor gas grill is provided.) Guests are responsible for any pots and pans damaged during their use.
• Power Conservation: Utilities are included in the rental price. Air conditioning shall not be set below 75 degrees, heat shall not be set above 78 degrees, and the fan setting shall be “Auto.” Doors and windows shall be closed when either heat or air conditioning is in operation. Temperature will be further regulated when guest leaves property for the day. (Don’t leave the house cooled to 75; 85 is cool enough to be made comfortable again as soon as you return.) We strive to provide very fair pricing on all homes, high, unnecessary utility bills cause us to have to raise our rates, which we would hate to do.
• Water and Septic: The property is on an effective septic system — however, it will clog if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. This specifically means no sanitary napkins, tampons, other feminine products, or baby wipes, etc. If it is found that such products have been flushed clogged the plumbing, you could be charged all fees incurred to repair.
• Check Out Procedures: Individual rentals may have variations, but overall: Do not strip beds; simply make it clear which were used, if applicable. Place all damp or wet towels either in bathtub, laundry basket or on washer. Leave the home much as you found it: no food on the counters, furniture placed back in original state etc.
Turn off Air Conditioning/heating before leaving. Ensure all entry doors are locked behind you and windows closed as you leave the premises.
Landlord Access and Inspections
• Nature’s Properties as landlord or its management and agents have the right to enter and inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. This includes entering to turn of air conditioning or heating if left on high while guest is away.
• Guest shall also allow access to the property for purposes of repair. Nature’s Properties shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner and with prior communication to the Guest.
• Hot Tub is maintained on a daily basis, typically in the morning.
Advisories and indemnification
• Hot Tub: Use at your own risk. Nature’s Properties is not responsible for injury or loss of life associated with its use. It is the Guest’s responsibility to learn about safety precautions, warning signs of water conditions, and safety procedures concerning use of the hot tub. Guest agrees that a responsible adult will supervise all minors while they use the hot tub. Guest is hereby notified that the hot tub can be dangerous and Guest accepts fully the risks involved. Guest is further responsible to adhere to the rules posted next to the hot tub. No children under the age of 12 permitted in hot tubs at any time. When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. The Hot tub is sanitized, refilled and chemicals replenished prior to your arrival; therefore, it may not be warm until later that evening. If you plan to use the night of arrival, increase the temperature to no more than 102° as soon as possible. Do not stand on the hot tub covers. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. They will break and you may be charged for replacement. Remember, when not using the hot tub, leave cover on so hot tub will stay warm.
• Grills: Guest is advised that the property contains a gas grill, and will seek help from management if the proper operation of such item is not fully understood. Accidents from use of the gas grill are the responsibility of the guest.
• Fire extinguisher, alarms: Each property has a fire extinguisher installed in or near the kitchen area, the exact location of which will be indicated in your rental agreement. These fire extinguishers were fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of the Guest to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Guest will only use the fire extinguishers in case of true emergencies.
• Fire Alarms: Each property has fire alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Tenant will notify management without delay if a fire alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
• Carbon Monoxide Detector: Each property has a carbon monoxide detector installed on the property it is believed to function properly at the time of rental. Guests will notify management without delay if the alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
• Security: Guests shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, etc. when it’s prudent to do so. Valuable items left behind by Guest will be held for the Guest and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the Guest for return. If items are not claimed for longer than one month they shall become the property of Nature’s Properties. Nature’s Properties shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
• Cable, Internet, etc.: Cable TV is provided and service level has been chosen by Nature’s Properties. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, or personal preferences with regard to cable TV service.
• Wireless internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the rental agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service.
• Storms: No refunds will be given in the event of rainstorm, snow or any other act of nature. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep and there is limited snow removal in the neighborhood. However, the main roads are well maintained. We highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions.
Violation of Terms
Should Guests violate any of the terms of the rental agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately and no payments will be refunded. Guests waive all rights to due process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period.